Lincoln Creek Lumber
Located in Centralia & Tumwater
Visit our two Lincoln Creek Lumber Ace Hardware locations for everything you need for your next building or repair project. In Centralia, Lincoln Creek is located at 1621 Harrison Avenue, and in Tumwater, visit us at 2421 93rd Avenue SW. For store hours check our Locations page.
Lincoln Creek Lumber Expanding
In 1972, Robert Thompson II, following in the footsteps of his father, grandfather and great grandfather, moved Lincoln Creek into a new era, expanding product and service offerings by joining the ACE Hardware co-op. With a new building and a wider range of goods available to store customers, Lincoln Creek was able to ride through the Pacific Northwest’s lumber depression of the 1970s, and by 1991 opened a second location in Tumwater, Washington at Exit 99, off Interstate 5. A third store expansion of the family business came in 2005 with the opening of Crossroads Hardware in Bellevue, Washington.
In 2003, Lincoln Creek Lumber celebrated 100 years and five generations of family ownership. Today, Robert Thompson III oversees operations of Crossroads Hardware and the two Lincoln Creek locations. We are honored to be a part of our region’s history for more than 100 years, and proud to continue satisfying the lumber and hardware needs of the greater Centralia, Tumwater and Bellevue communities.
Lincoln Creek Lumber Since 1903
Family owned for five generations, Lincoln Creek Lumber has proudly served the communities of Lewis & Thurston County, Washington for over 100 years. Lincoln Creek Mill began operations in 1903, establishing the lumber yard as an important part of Centralia's history.
Three years later, in 1906, William H. Thompson purchased and modernized the mill, starting a family legacy that continues today. Two more generations of Thompsons continued operating the mill until the Great Depression, when the economy of the time forced the mill to close. Down but not out, the Thompson family kept the business alive reselling lumber and moldings from other mills. In 1947, with the end of WWII and the post war building boom underway, Lincoln Creek Lumber moved to the location it occupies today on Old Highway 99, the main road between Portland and Seattle.